Site Network: Maxalan | Fluffy Bunny



1 Week post op and 2nd aftercare appointment

I arrived just over half an hour early for my appointment as i wasn't sure about the early morning traffic. I sat down was offered a coffee and then within 5 minutes was seen by Nick Dash.

Nick checked the topology of both my eyes to see how my eyes had changed after surgery. He then showed me the difference in both eyes before and after surgery and said the surgery had the desired effect of flattening out the cornea. He then checked my eyes using the slit lamp to see how the cornea was healing. Everything seems fine, but I have a little bruising on the top left hand corner of my right eye, which accounts for the very occassional pain I have when I blink. I only experience this pain a couple of times a day. Nick said I should now stop taking the anti-biotic drops now as a matter of course and because they also contain steroids they might be contributing to the pain. He said my eyes should feel less puffy in 4 to 5 days and the pain should disappear.

Now for the standard eye test:

Nick asked me to read the letters I could see on the illuminted screen opposite. I said I could read everything, he said "showoff" and we both had a little laugh to ourselves. He then changed the screen to display the smaller letters. When I read the top line, he asked me if I could read the numbers to the right of the chart. "20 and 6" I said. Nick said that's 20/20 vision and what else could I read. I read out the next line, after which Nick pronounced I had 20/15 vision or supervision.

Finally, I am to keep taking the artificial tear drops towards the end of the day or when I feel I need them if my eyes are dry. I've hardly had to use them yet, but now I'm to stop using the anti-biotic drops this may change. I'll continue to post at least once a week to keep everyone abreast of my continued improved vision.

My next appointment will be in 1 month on Tuesday 15th November 2005.

posted by Alan and Maxine @ 11:28 am,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home