Site Network: Maxalan | Fluffy Bunny



1st Post-Operative Appointment

This morning my contact lens bandages were taken out. They weren't that uncomfortable but I'm glad they're out. The opthamologist said the corneal flap has bonded extremely well to the rest of the cornea and that I should reduce the anti-biotic eye drops from every hour to 4 times a day. I was also given artificial tear drops to use when my eyes felt dry. So far I've not had to use them.

Just before I left, my eyesight was checked. 20/20 in both eyes and there is room for improvement as my eyes heal.

Chuffed to bits... you bet I am :-)))

Would I recommend Accuvision? Absolutely.

posted by Alan and Maxine @ 5:14 pm,

2 Comments:

At 7:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the successful op! Fingers crossed that your vision continues to improve - do keep posting!

It's particularly reassuring to read your posts, since it turns out that you were the person seeing Nick Dash just before me that Wednesday, a couple of weeks back at Accuvision!

I've just been to Ultralase today for my comparative consultation, and as a result, I'm pretty sure that I'll be giving Accuvision a call shortly to set a date. Wish me luck!

 
At 8:33 am, Blogger Alan and Maxine said...

Thanks, it's nice to see someone is reading my posts.

Sorry if I don't remember you, my consulation day just seemed to go very quickly.

If like me you want the best in life, then no doubt you've come to the conclusion that Ultralase just didn't cut it. If you put this with the fact that Accuvision's laser runs at 400 Hz, 4 times as fast as Ultralase's, then the procedure time is much less. Less time means less heat and less heat means less possibility of dry eye syndrome afterwards. If my experience is anything to go by, I made the right decision as I haven't suffered from dry eye at all.

If I had a second bite at the cherry so to speak, I'd choose Accuvision all over again.

Best of luck, whoever you decide to go with.

p.s. Life without glasses is fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home