Site Network: Maxalan | Fluffy Bunny



Wednesday 21st September 2005 – Accuvision Consultation

Having read Nurse Owens Lasik Dairy who commented on the quality of care taken by Nick Dash at Accuvision, I was hoping it would be him I'd see. It was and I can honestly say he was very thorough, measuring and checking and then re-measuring and re-checking some of the tests he performed on my eyes. The consultation was very thorough and took an hour and three quarters in the end. While Nick was performing the tests he was constantly explaining what he was doing, why he was doing it and what the results meant for my eyes and possible treatment. I was asking questions all the way along about my eyes and it turns out I have a corneal thickness of 585 microns in one eye and 560 in the other. Since most people have an average thickness of 535 microns for both eyes I have plenty of corneal tissue to have the procedure. Nick also showed me a topology map of my corneas where it showed several high order aberrations towards the bottom of my right eye but less on my left eye. Owing to these aberrations I was a suitable candidate for wavefront guided lasik treatment. During the tests, Nick asked me how I came to know about Accuvision. I told him I'd done a lot of research on laser eye surgery and had read Nurse Owens Diary, which lead me to Accuvision. He remembered her quite clearly saying he'd spent a lot of time with her.

Having done a lot of research on lasik eye surgery and wavefront guided treatments, Nick said I sounded well informed. After all the tests had been performed I handed him a sheet of paper with questions on that I wanted answers to. I couldn't read it as I was still getting a green glare from the lights he had shone in my eyes moments earlier. He went through them answering them all one by one, skipping questions I had already asked.

At the end of the consultation there was no pressure to have the treatment, in fact quite the reverse. I had already decided beforehand that I wanted Accuvison to perform the surgery unless it turned out I was unsuitable or I took a disliking to them, for whatever reason. I wanted it and asked when I could have the procedure performed. Nick said the earliest it would be is Tuesday 4th October. When I said I wanted it done, he said they could fit me in tomorrow as there was a free slot, but advised against making any decision now and recommended I have some time to reflect on what we had discussed. I said I had been waiting for over 10 years for the technology to get as good as it has for me to trust it and decided to book the procedure.

I'm booked in for Wavefront Guided Lasik eye surgery on Tuesday 4th October at 11:00 am.

I told Nick about my consultation at Ultralase on Sunday and said I still wanted to go as I wanted to compare the different technologies. Nick recommended I keep the appointment, because if nothing else it would give me a second opinion.

As I requested, on my way out I was handed the CV of the surgeon who will perform my procedure; a Mr Brett Halliday. His CV is nothing less than I expected and very impressive, even by my own level of qualifications.

I'll post again on Sunday after my consultation with Ultralase.

posted by Alan and Maxine @ 5:59 pm,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home