Site Network: Maxalan | Fluffy Bunny



Tuesday 20th September 2005

I have to be frank and say I’m a little scared. Who wouldn’t be? After all, someone is going to be cutting into my eye. Because of this I got up just before midnight and spent a couple of hours surfing the internet for pictures of the Lasik procedure and eventually found them here: http://lazybastard.ehuna.org/archives/000042.html. I thought this might put me off, seeing some scary/ gooey/ messy pictures of the operation in progress. To my surprise it had the opposite effect. I went back to bed and slept soundly.

Another question I thought of when I woke up this morning is: What is the diameter of the area to which the laser is applied? In other words, will the laser be applied to an area greater than the widest part of my dilated pupil? I’m only guessing here, but I can only imagine if the area were less than my dilated pupil, I might see halos when the light dissipates through the edge of the area where the laser was applied, similar to looking through a piece of cut glass crystal.

At work now and found this useful website: http://www.sharpervisioncenters.com/lasercorrection.asp


More questions. What is the difference between Wavefront Optimised and Wavefront Guided?

What is the diameter of my pupil?

posted by Alan and Maxine @ 4:47 pm,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home