Site Network: Maxalan | Fluffy Bunny



Wasps Nest in the Loft

On Monday night we were having problems with the TV reception in the main bedroom, and basically couldn't watch anything excpet a very fuzzy BBC1. It has always been a bit iffy, but having been in the loft earlier that day I thought I might have dislodged something. So up I went again at 10:30pm to have a look, just so we could watch TV in bed.

There appeared to be nothing wrong with the connections, but as I came to exit the loft I heard a crackling sound coming from the wall nearest the loft hatch. As I got nearer I was convinced there was a mouse in one of the boxes having a munch on our photos. As I moved the box it seemed the sound was coming from somewhere else - the extractor fan pipe to be exact. With limited space and not very good lighting I gave the pipe a flick with my fingers, only to hear a great buzzing noise from the pipe. Immediately I thought we had an infestion of something and went to have a look on the outside of the house where the pipe comes out. It was took dark to see anything clearly so decided I would have a proper look in the morning.

The next morning it was evident that there was indeed an infestation and it looked like wasps, so immediately googled "wasp infestation stafford" and found the telephone number for Stafford Borough Council's Environmental Health - Pest Control department. Later that evening a very nice man came out to spray and dust the area affected, relieved me of £46.10 and said they would all be dead within 48 hours and if not to phone them again.

I've just been into the loft today (24 hours later) to examine the pipe. There doesn't appear to be any signs of life but will check again tomorrow. Whilst I was up there I took a couple of photo's, one without and one with flash.

The Evidence:
Wasps Nest 2

Photobucket

posted by Alan and Maxine @ 5:33 pm,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home