Site Network: Maxalan | Fluffy Bunny



Home grown potatoes

Who'd have thought it! Me growing my own veg! I must be getting old (no comments please).

Well believe it or not, we went out Saturday and bought three bags for growing potatoes in, some seed potatoes, grow bags and tomato seeds. Sounds silly but I couldn't wait to get it all started. The tomato seeds have been sown and the seed potatoes are now chitting.

In readyness for getting the garden straight I had a look at the compost heap I started last year. The bottom half looks fairly good, while the top half still needs some time. I dug out the bottom half, basically so I could turn the whole heap and found, some potatoes had grown in the compost. Maxine must have thrown an old potato away in the compost and it must have seeded. We now have about 9 small potatoes ready for cooking. We'll be trying them later this week.

posted by Alan and Maxine @ 7:57 am,

1 Comments:

At 7:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gardening is in the blood. Your great grandpa, grandpa and many of their contemporaries in the family were keen gardeners. Many also had allotments. Always remember to plant with the green side up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home